State of the ImmUnion Report: 2021 Vaccine Policy Priorities
Feb 23, 2021
Today, Vaccinate Your Family released our annual State of the ImmUnion report, examining the federal policies necessary to protect our country against deadly vaccine-preventable diseases including COVID-19. We have used this year’s report to highlight the critical importance of several policy priorities, namely:
- A tangible commitment to addressing both social determinants of health and systemic medical racism.
- Significant funding to improve public health infrastructure. The funds must support states, territories, large cities AND tribal nations and must be flexible for use on a wide range of activities including vaccine purchase, staffing, immunization information systems, and communication campaigns.
- A student loan repayment program for any person who commits to two years of working in the public health sector.
- Uniformity in the ways Medicaid, Medicare and CHIP programs cover vaccines for their patients.
- Education campaigns to increase confidence in the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.
Follow us on Twitter to learn our thoughts as the speech unfolds.
Good news for parents – COVID vaccines are now available for children ages 6 months to 5 years old! We’re here to answer all of your questions about the COVID vaccines for babies and...
Are you boosted against COVID-19? Do you know if you’re eligible for your second booster? We’ve pulled together the information you need to understand the latest booster recommendations as of May 2022. As we...