State of the ImmUnion Report: 2021 Vaccine Policy Priorities
Feb 23, 2021
Today, Vaccinate Your Family released our annual State of the ImmUnion report, examining the federal policies necessary to protect our country against deadly vaccine-preventable diseases including COVID-19. We have used this year’s report to highlight the critical importance of several policy priorities, namely:
- A tangible commitment to addressing both social determinants of health and systemic medical racism.
- Significant funding to improve public health infrastructure. The funds must support states, territories, large cities AND tribal nations and must be flexible for use on a wide range of activities including vaccine purchase, staffing, immunization information systems, and communication campaigns.
- A student loan repayment program for any person who commits to two years of working in the public health sector.
- Uniformity in the ways Medicaid, Medicare and CHIP programs cover vaccines for their patients.
- Education campaigns to increase confidence in the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.
Follow us on Twitter to learn our thoughts as the speech unfolds.
In this video for the Shot of Prevention blog, Taryn (AKA “The Vaccine Mom”) — a molecular biologist and mom of two — tackles the question: Are vaccines made with fetal cells? Listen as...
You might have heard some rumors that COVID-19 vaccines cause people to shed the virus, mRNA, or spike proteins, putting unvaccinated people at risk. But do COVID vaccines actually cause someone to “shed”? And...