The Vaccine Mom Busts Flu Myths
Nov 20, 2019
Vaccinate Your Family is thrilled to welcome Taryn Chapman, the creator of The Vaccine Mom, who will be offering up regular video blogs for Shot of Prevention on a variety of topics. Taryn is a molecular biologist and medical writer who is on a mission to bring science to the public in relevant and meaningful ways. Read more about Taryn in our About Us section.
I hope you will enjoy this video discussing the importance of timely flu vaccinations for your family! My goal is to help vaccine-hesitant parents make the informed decision to vaccinate. By connecting as a mother and creating meaningful conversations, parents tend to be more open to accepting that vaccines are safe and effective. I’m hopeful that my videos will help more parents choose to vaccinate their families.
Check out my favorite resources on influenza:
- Vaccinate Your Family’s Flu and Flu Vaccination Information
- Vaccinate Your Family’s “2019-2020 Flu Season”
- CDC’s “Flu Vaccine Protects You and Your Family”
- Kid’s Health’s “Is the Flu Vaccine a Good Idea for Your Family?”
- Healthy Children’s “Which Flu Vaccine Should My Children Get This Year?”
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Vaccine Education Center’s “Influenza (Flu) Vaccine Resources”
- Flu Vaccine Is Safe For Pregnant Moms (Vaccinate Your Family website)
- The Vaccine Mom
In this video for the Shot of Prevention blog, Taryn (AKA “The Vaccine Mom”) interviews friend and emergency physician, Stephanie, about her experience with the COVID-19 vaccine, what side effects people should expect, and...
If you’ve missed a post or three on Vaccinate Your Family’s Shot of Prevention blog this year, we don’t blame you. The COVID-19 pandemic turned many of our lives upside down. It’s been a...