The Vaccine Mom Busts Flu Myths
Nov 20, 2019
Vaccinate Your Family is thrilled to welcome Taryn Chapman, the creator of The Vaccine Mom, who will be offering up regular video blogs for Shot of Prevention on a variety of topics. Taryn is a molecular biologist and medical writer who is on a mission to bring science to the public in relevant and meaningful ways. Read more about Taryn in our About Us section.
I hope you will enjoy this video discussing the importance of timely flu vaccinations for your family! My goal is to help vaccine-hesitant parents make the informed decision to vaccinate. By connecting as a mother and creating meaningful conversations, parents tend to be more open to accepting that vaccines are safe and effective. I’m hopeful that my videos will help more parents choose to vaccinate their families.
Check out my favorite resources on influenza:
- Vaccinate Your Family’s Flu and Flu Vaccination Information
- Vaccinate Your Family’s “2019-2020 Flu Season”
- CDC’s “Flu Vaccine Protects You and Your Family”
- Kid’s Health’s “Is the Flu Vaccine a Good Idea for Your Family?”
- Healthy Children’s “Which Flu Vaccine Should My Children Get This Year?”
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Vaccine Education Center’s “Influenza (Flu) Vaccine Resources”
- Flu Vaccine Is Safe For Pregnant Moms (Vaccinate Your Family website)
- The Vaccine Mom
The Vaccine Mom, a molecular biologist and mother of two, explains: Why thimerosal, a preservative containing ethyl mercury, was added to some vaccines How ethylmercury differs from methylmercury (the kind found in tuna) What...
This guest post was written by the SciMoms, a science communication project that aims to communicate evidence-based advice to parents and caregivers. Each of the SciMoms is an accomplished science communicator in her own...