Grassroots Fundraising Campaign Aims To Support Every Child By Two
Nov 20, 2014
Every Child By Two (ECBT) is thrilled to announce that a grassroots effort was recently launched to raise $10,000 in support of our ambitious mission to save the lives of children from vaccine-preventable diseases. Stephan N. of the We Love GMOs and Vaccines Facebook page created this Crowdrise fundraiser to help continue our critical work of sharing scientifically accurate information on the safety and necessity of life-saving vaccines with the public.
Please visit Crowdrise today to make a tax-deductible donation directly to Every Child By Two. All donations made by December 31st will be DOUBLED by Every Child By Two Board Member Dr. Paul Offit (up to $10,000)!
Since Every Child By Two’s arrival on the social media scene back in 2008, we have been working to raise awareness of the need for timely immunizations through our Shot of Prevention blog, Vaccinate Your Baby Facebook page, and @ShotofPrev and @EveryChildByTwo Twitter feeds. ECBT continues to lead the way as one of the largest online sources of pro-vaccine information with nearly seven million Facebook and Shot of Prevention blog views each year.
The successes we’ve seen are not just in the numbers of followers we have, but also in what our work has done to inspire others. There are now dozens of pro-vaccine groups in existence throughout the world who share in our mission. Our organization devotes a great deal of time sharing evidence-based vaccine information with our social media networks, which is used to educate individuals worldwide. We hope that you will consider making a donation today to allow us to continue these efforts.
Beyond our social media endeavors, Every Child By Two has played an integral role over the past several decades in helping to set the standards for childhood immunization in America. Our organization was founded by Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter and Former First Lady of Arkansas Betty Bumpers in 1991 as a response to a U.S. measles epidemic, which hospitalized and claimed the lives of many children. Through nearly 25 years of service, Every Child By Two staff and cofounders have:
- Visited every state in the U.S. to raise awareness about the critical importance of timely vaccinations; alert governors, mayors and community leaders about barriers to immunizations; and develop local and state immunization coalitions which continue to thrive today.
- Helped to set and implement state and federal immunization policies that have had lasting impact on the health of our nation’s children.
- Fought to establish the passage of laws mandating school-age vaccination requirements in nearly every state during the Carter Administration.
- Helped implement and support the regular screening of vaccine records for the 50% of U.S. children and pregnant women served by USDA’s WIC program.
- Served as a critical resource to local and national media reporting on vaccine-related issues, which has resulted in the proliferation of pro-science stories in both print and television.
- Developed a number of public education campaigns including the Vaccinate Your Baby (VYB) initiative and the Immunize On Time, Every Time program.
- Educated healthcare providers and vaccine advocates about best practices and shared valuable resources for local dissemination.
- Conducted regular briefings for federal legislators to ensure that public health policies and laws are based on sound scientific evidence and that the CDC and health departments are properly funded each year.
Every Child by Two has developed many successful strategies to ensure that every child in our nation is protected from vaccine-preventable diseases; however, there is still much to be done. As long as a single person continues to fall victim to a vaccine-preventable disease, our work is not complete.
Visit the Every Child By Two website to learn more about our work. Please know that your donation will support our continued efforts to protect children and their families from deadly vaccine-preventable diseases.
Good news for parents – COVID vaccines are now available for children ages 6 months to 5 years old! We’re here to answer all of your questions about the COVID vaccines for babies and...
Are you boosted against COVID-19? Do you know if you’re eligible for your second booster? We’ve pulled together the information you need to understand the latest booster recommendations as of May 2022. As we...