Be a Friend. Suggest A Friend For a Chance to Win.
Aug 10, 2010
By Christine Vara
The Vaccinate Your Baby Campaign has been going strong for two years. In that time, a lot has been done to raise awareness about children’s health and the importance of immunizations for people of all ages. The current pertussis outbreaks are but another reminder that we are all part of a global community that can protect one another from vaccine preventable diseases if we take action.
Additionally, YOU have contributed immensely to the cause just by being here and engaging in the Shot of Prevention blog. Your opinions and insights matter to us; after all, it is the parents, physicians and children’s advocates—like you—who will continue to drive this educational movement for years to come.
It’s important to us that we recognize National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM), and you can help in a big way by doing something really simple. Become a Friend of the ‘Vaccinate Your Baby’ Facebook page and encourage others to become friends too. You will not only receive status updates every time there is a new post to the blog, but you will be able to receive links to relevant news and engage in lively conversation with others.
What’s more, we are making this a friendly competition amongst our fans so you will have a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card. It’s easy. Here’s what you do.
Suggest the Facebook Page to Your Friends
1. Log onto Facebook and search for the “Vaccinate Your Baby” page.
2. Become a friend (if you’re not already one), then click on the ‘Suggest to Friends’ link just below the page’s profile picture.
3. Click on each friend’s picture individually to select which of your friends you’d like to send the invitation to. .
4. Click the ‘Send invitation’ button. And you’re done!
How the contest works
Here’s where it gets fun. Vaccinate Your Baby will open up the Wall of the page during the rest of August.
1. Each new individual who “likes” the page should post the name of the person who invited them to become a fan to the wall just once.
2. Reminding your friends to post your name is simple. Just tell your friends to post YOUR name to the wall, since you are the person who recommended they like the page. You can do this by posting a quick reminder on their wall or sending them a Facebook message (i.e., private message).
3. At the beginning of September, we will announce whose name has been posted to the wall the most, and that individual will receive a $50 Amazon.com gift card from Vaccinate Your Baby.
Your support is essential to increasing education about immunization and vaccine-preventable. We hope that you’ll help us celebrate NIAM and make a difference during this important month!
*Every Child By Two staff, board members and vendors are not eligible to win this contest.*
This guest post was written by Alethea Mshar out of concern for her son Ben. A version of this post originally appeared on her blog Ben’s Writing, Running Mom. Like all parents, my child’s health...
Every Child By Two asks you to join in urging Congress to protect crucial funding for immunization programs. Politics aside, if and when the Affordable Care Act is repealed, nearly $600 million in funds...